It’s me again–Dr. Lewey Anton. I’ve been commissioned by insideHPC to get the scoop on who’s jumping ship and moving on up in high performance computing.
- Giri Chukkapalli, formerly of Sun Microsystems, is now at Appro.
- Earl J. Dodd is leaving the Rocky Mountain Supercomputing Center to “pursue other activity in the high performance computing world,” according to an announcement released on Friday afternoon.
- John Fragalla, formerly of Dell and Sun, is now Principal Solutions Architect at Xyratex.
- Alan Gara, formerly an IBM Fellow and father of Blue Gene, is now a Fellow at Intel.
- Sharan Kalwani is now HPC Platform Strategist at Intel.
- Erwan Menard, formerly of HP, is now COO of DDN.
- Stephen Perrenod, formerly of Sun, is now a partner at Orion Marketing.
- Mark Seager, formerly of LLNL, is now CTO for the HPC Ecosystem at Intel.
- Steve Scott, formerly CTO at Cray, is now CTO of the Tesla Business Unit at Nvidia.
- Sayantan Sur, formerly of Ohio State University, is now a Software Engineer at Intel Corporation.
- Mike Vildibill, formerly of SDSC and Sun, is now at Appro.
New Updates from our Readers:
- Edoardo Apra left ORNL and went back to PNNL.
- David Brown left LLNL for LBNL.
- Debra Goldfarb, formerly of Microsoft, is now HPC strategy director at Intel.
- Juan Meza left LBNL for UC-Merced.
- Maria Ramalho is now Managing Director at PRACE.
- Marc Snir became DD of MCS at Argonne while retaining his UIUC appointment.
- Kevin van Maren, formerly HPC Architect at Oracle, is now at Principal Engineer at Fusion IO.
Have you moved or know of HPC folks in new positions? Let us know by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.