In this video, Purdue’s Dr. Gerry McCartney talks with Dan Olds about the University’s participation in the Student Cluster Competitions.
We want to make this commitment to our students. They enjoy it. We enjoy having them represent us. The departments feel good about it, and we get a little help from the vendors as well. Between all of those contributions, this turns out to be a great experience for us.
This year, there were plenty of surprises at this year’s ISC 2015 Student Cluster Competition with a total 11 teams participating. The South African team that emerged as winners in the past two years was pushed into to second place by a team from Tsinghua University in China.
- 1st Place: Tsinghua University, China
- 2nd Place: Centre for High Performance Computing (CHPC), South Africa
- 3rd Place: University of Science and Technology of China, China
- Highest LINPACK Performance: Jamia Millia Islamia University, India
- Fan Favorite: Purdue University & Universidad EAFIT
The three-day competition was co-organized with the HPC Advisory Council. If you are interested in applying for the 2016 competition, please contact the organizers at email@example.com.