This is our first look at the team who brought ARM processors to the world of Student Cluster Competitions. In the video, we talk about how four of their 135 ARM processors got all tuckered out and gave up the ghost. One thing that many observers were wondering about was the applications: could the team find/build and then optimise versions of the applications for its ARM CPUs and Mali T604 GPUs? The team is confident that it’s up to the task and, at least at this point in the competition, it isn’t having any problems – other than the demonic sounds coming out of their system.
While Team Spain didn’t win, you have to give them points for blazing new trails.
ISC 2015 Student Cluster Competion Winners:
- 1st Place: Tsinghua University, China
- 2nd Place: Centre for High Performance Computing (CHPC), South Africa
- 3rd Place: University of Science and Technology of China, China
- Highest LINPACK Performance: Jamia Millia Islamia University, India
- Fan Favorite: Purdue University & Universidad EAFIT
The three-day competition was co-organized with the HPC Advisory Council. If you are interested in applying for the 2016 competition, please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can see Dan’s interviews with the rest of the European student teams over at The Register.