In this video from the 2015 HPC User Forum in Broomfield, Bob Sorensen from IDC presents: Best Practices in Private Sector Cyber Security.
IDC developed a set of cybersecurity case studies of US commercial organizations in order to learn:
- What security problems they have experienced?
- Changes that they have made to address them
- New underlying security procedures that they are exploring What they have learned
- How they deal with outsider and insider threats
- Who is best in their industry?
The case studies focus on the trade-offs between security and easy access, access from network edges (suppliers, remote, employees) and heterogeneity (BYOD, multiple OS, public/hybrid clouds.)