Today the PRACE Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe issued their 12th Call for Proposals. By providing access to some of the fastest supercomputer in Europe, the Call for Proposals targets large-scale, computationally intensive projects that would not be possible or productive without access to PRACE resources.
More information on 12th Call for Proposals:
- Proposals can be based on a 12-months schedule, or, for Multi-year Projects, on a 24- or 36-months schedule.
The allocation of awarded resources is made for 1 year at a time with provisional allocations awarded for the 2nd and 3rd year.
- PRACE is currently in a transition phase to a new funding and governance model. Unfortunately this necessitates a temporary reduction in the number of Tier-0 resources available to two supercomputers:
- FERMI, an IBM Blue Gene/Q supercomputer operated by CINECA, Italy
- MareNostrum, an IBM System x iDataPlex supercomputer operated by BSC, Spain
- Both systems are suitable for to a wide variety of codes and awarded projects will receive dedicated technical support at the hosting sites.