Mellanox is seeking an HPC Application Performance Engineer in our Job of the Week.
Mellanox Technologies is looking for a talented engineer to lead datacenter application performance optimization and benchmarking over Mellanox networking products. This individual will primarily work with marketing and engineering to execute low-level and application level benchmarks focused on High Performance Computing (HPC) open source and ISV applications in addition to providing software and hardware optimization recommendations. In addition, this individual will work closely with hardware and software partners, and customers to benchmark Mellanox products under different system configurations and workloads.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Measure and analyze the performance and parallel scalability of key HPC applications that comprise Mellanox evolving workload on current and future high performance computing (HPC) and data intensive platforms using a hierarchy of benchmark programs.
- Profile applications to identify architectural and algorithmic bottlenecks with a particular emphasis on emerging many core effects.
- Propose remedies to the identified bottlenecks via software restructuring and/or architectural improvement with comprehensive understanding of any trade-offs in design, cost, and software engineering effects.
- Assess emerging technologies in architecture, algorithms, parallel programming paradigms, and languages to provide input for HPC system procurements and technology roadmaps out past the next decade.
- Prepare timely reports, papers, and presentations describing significant results for dissemination within Mellanox and throughout the broader HPC research community.
- The ability to contribute performance-related expertise to cross-team Mellanox activities that may involve application performance tuning, interconnects, storage I/O, and data analysis functions.
- The ability to make physical changes to hardware components to server systems