SC13 in Denver is loading up with loads of special events. Here’s the roundup of ancillary events and special programs not to miss on the show floor.
Ancillary Events at SC13:
- The Beowulf Bash is the best way to start your SC conference week on Monday, Nov. 18 at 9pm.
- Cray will hold a Breakfast Briefing on Clustered Storage on Tuesday, Nov. 19. They also have posted listing of all Cray talks and briefings.
- CoolIT Systems will host a session for folks who are curious about liquid-cooling for HPC. The Demand Liquid Alliance Foundation Meeting featuring speakers from IBM, Staubli and Boston on Monday, Nov. 18.
- DDN will host their annual User Group Meeting at the Hyatt Denver on Monday, Nov. 18.
- DOE has posted a complete schedule of their booth theater. For the first time, the facilities and capabilities of 15 national labs will be highlighted in a booth program featuring presentations by HPC experts, electronic posters, demonstrations, roundtable discussions and a 3D display showing simulations and modeling.
- HP will hold their HP-CAST user group meeting in Denver on Nov. 14-15, prior to SC13.
- IDC will host their annual Breakfast Briefing at the Embassy Suites on Tuesday, Nov. 19.
- Inspur will host a Asia Connections Workshop at the Sheraton at 2pm on Wednesday, Nov. 20.
- Intel Cluster Ready is sponsoring a 5K Run in Downtown Denver on Wednesday, Nov. 20 at 8:00 am.
- IBM will host their GPFS User Forum at the Hyatt Denver on Monday, Nov. 18.
- Mellanox will host their annual SC13 Evening Event on Wednesday, Nov. 20. Mellanox CEO Eyal Waldman will keynote the event along with speakers from NASA and IBM.
Special Programs on the SC13 Exhibit Floor
- Allinea is featured in a series of sessions on Debugging and Extreme Scale.
- Adaptive Computing will host an array of technical talks in their booth theater all week.
- Dell is hosting panel discussions on Storage and HPC Virtualization in their booth on Wednesday, Nov. 20. Rich Brueckner from insideHPC will be the moderator, and they have a terrific lineup of speakers, so don’t miss it!
- Intel will host the Parallel Universe Compute Challenge in their booth twice each day during the show, with finals on Thursday, Nov. 21.
- Nvidia will livestream talks from their GPU Technology Theater right here on insideHPC! Watch for daily program agendas each morning during SC13 week. You can see all Nvidia talks and events on their SC13 page.
- OpenSFS will host a Lustre BoF followed by a Booth Party on Tuesday, Nov. 19.
- Rogue Wave Software is offering a series of BoFs for its parallel programming tools.
- SDSC will host friendly gaming competition using the Meteor cluster, which will be connected to a large tiled display wall of LCD panels during the show’s exhibit hours in the SDSC booth #3313.
- SIGHPC will hold its Annual Members Meeting on Tuesday, Nov, 19.
The SC13 exhibition starts in just 10 days, so we invite our readers to send us additional news and event information at email@example.com.
Are you looking for places to meet and dine in Denver? The Print ‘n Fly Guide to SC13 in Denver has pointers to the best restaurants and bars in Denver as well as great feature stories on HPC.