The good folks from the StartupHPC-15 Conference have posted the Agenda for their meeting at SC15. The day-long conference takes place Monday, Nov 16 in Austin at the Capital Factory in Downtown Austin, Texas.
Does your Startup have ties to High Performance Computing? Please come, meet like minded people, listen to industry notables, and help StartupHPC continue its efforts to build a support community. Echoing Seymour Cray, the supercomputing world’s iconic inventor who once said ‘Thank heaven for start-up companies or we’d never make any progress,’ StartupHPC advocates a sharp increase in entrepreneurship training and support infrastructure for STEM and HPC practitioners.
- Welcome: Steve Campbell, Partner, OrionX
- The “Get-Funded” Framework: From Idea to Launch: Shahin Khan, Partner, OrionX
- Entrepreneur Ecosystem: Grooming for Growth: Mellie Price, MD/Fund Director & GP, Capital Factory, and Founder/CEO, Front Gate Tickets
- Incubators: Cultivating Ideas: Blake Yaeger, Managing Director, TechStars
- Founder Stories: BitFusion: Subbu Rama, CEO, BitFusion.io
- Hot Markets, Key Apps, Core Algorithms: Peter ffoulkes, Industry Insight & Advisory, Partner, OrionX
- The “Inside” Scoop: Signs Your Pitch Won’t Stick: Rich Brueckner, President, insideHPC Media
- Go to Market: Vision & Value Proposition: Shahin Khan, Partner, OrionX
- Digital Marketing: Essentials in Engagement: Kim McMahon, CEO, McMahon Consulting
- Founder Stories: Virtual Bridges: Leo Reiter, CTO, Nimbix/former Founder, Virtual Bridges
- Building Your Base: Landing Early Customers: Dale Geldart, Startup Executive/former CEO eXludus Technologies
- Learning from Failure: 3 Companies (interactive): Dan Olds, Principal, Gabriel Consulting Group, and
Contributing Editor, The Register
- CxO Probe: Q&A Panel: Dr. Stephen Perrenod, (Moderator)
(Panel to be announced) Partner, OrionX
- Founder Stories: WhamCloud: Brent Gorda, Intel, and Founder of WhamCloud
As you may recall from SC14, StartupHPC’s inaugural conference featured an all-star roster of speakers and panelists that includes CEOs, CTOs, Founders, senior executives, serial entrepreneurs, attorneys, marketers, journalists, and industry analysts. Sharing first hand experiences and advice will illuminate the requirements for, and the practical paths towards, the successful creation and growth of startups.
As an added bonus, Video clips of last year’s event are available with registration for this year’s conference or by subscription. If you are a student, please contact us for a 60% discount code.