In this video from the Adaptive Computing booth at SC14, Rich Brueckner from insideHPC presents Data and Goliath — Why Startups Own the Future of Big Data.
In this video from SC14, Keith Deakin from ICEOTOPE describes the company’s innovative cooling solutions for HPC. “Iceotope is the home of cutting edge liquid cooling technology. Its patented technology offers high density IT, reduces energy consumption and improves computing performance. Iceotope systems have no fans, are virtually silent in operation, and can be positioned in populated or hostile environments in addition to the traditional data centre. Iceotope’s mission is to reduce energy usage, improve performance and drive down the costs associated with high performance computing.”
Engineers are being asked to do more in less time to meet ever-tightening time-to-market schedules. To do so, they need to accelerate design by making use of advanced engineering software. However, such software requires computing processing power not available in a typical engineering workstation. Learn how a cluster can deliver aggregated computing power from its many processors with many cores to meet the processing demands of more complex engineering software, and therefore deliver results faster than individual workstations.
In this podcast, the Radio Free HPC team discusses a new Paypal project that is leveraging TI Keystone DSP processors for systems intelligence. “Paypal has developed a novel approach to systems intelligence. By analyzing their chaotic real-time server data, they can produce organized, intelligent results using HP’s Moonshot server powered by TI DSP processors.” [Read More…]
This Week in HPC: Cray Unveils Next Generation Supercomputer and DDN Extends Product Line with Scale-out Appliance
In this episode of This Week in HPC, Michael Feldman and Addison Snell from Intersect360 Research discuss the next generation Cray XC40 supercomputer with DataWarp technology as well the introduction of a new Scale-out Storage Appliance from DDN based on GPFS. [Read More…]
- Announcing the 3rd Annual Irish Supercomputer List
- Is the US Back on the Road to Exascale?
- SDSC Encourages Young Minds with Gaming at SC14
- AMD & Pathscale Join OpenACC While Nvidia Readies Compilers for IBM Power
- Interview with Maciej Besta & Torsten Hoefler – Authors of Best Student Paper at SC14
- Rex Computing Startup to Open Source Parallel CPU
- New STAC Benchmark: Nvidia Tesla K80 GPU
- Lenovo and Iceotope Announce new HPC Technology
- PSC Receives NSF Award for Bridges Supercomputer
- Largest European Bioinformatics Center Selects Mellanox InfiniBand
- Gigamon Enables SCinet Threat Detection at 100Gb Rates During SC14
- Slidecast: QNIBTerminal Plus InfiniBand – Containerized MPI Workloads
- Data Vortex Technologies Introduces Scalable Fine-Grained Gather-Scatter Parallel Computer at SC14