Solving Navier-Sokes equations are popular because they describe the physics of in a number of areas of interest to scientists and engineers. By solving these equations, the flow velocity can be calculated, and then other quantities of interest, such as pressure or temperature may be determined.
In the late 1980s, genomic sequencing began to shift from wet lab work to a computationally intensive science; by end of the 1990s this trend was in full swing. The application of computer science and high performance computing (HPC) to these biological problems became the normal mode of operation for many molecular biologists.
“We introduce a high-performance cost-effective network topology called Slim Fly that approaches the theoretically optimal network diameter. Slim Fly is based on graphs that approximate the solution to the degree-diameter problem. We analyze Slim Fly and compare it to both traditional and state-of-the-art networks. Our analysis shows that Slim Fly has significant advantages over other topologies in latency, bandwidth, resiliency, cost, and power consumption.”
Industry PerspectivesThe doors will soon open, the curtains will rise – and what really #HPCMatters will shine in the floodlights of New Orleans. It will be the applications of HPC that define this SC conference - where the life/business/world-impacting results are found. Applications are the sharp end of the mission. But who or what lies behind application successes? [Read More...]
Thomas Thurston will make a special appearance at the StartupHPC meet-up Monday, November 17, in New Orleans! In this special feature, he gave us his candid perspectives on three areas: industry advisor, startup wisdoms and personal/professional development. [Read More...]
- Video: Application Experiences on DDN’s IME Burst Buffer
- Video: Increasing Cluster Throughput while Reducing Energy Consumption for GPU Workloads
- Job of the Week: Senior HPC GRID Engineer at PDT Partners
- HPC and Software Modernization
- Lenovo Opens HPC Innovation Center in Stuttgart, Readies SuperMUC Phase 2
- How Supercomputers Give Universities a Competitive Edge
- Video: High-Performance and Scalable Designs of Programming Models for Exascale Systems
- insideHPC Guide to Open Computing
- UK Atomic Weapons Establishment Signs up for SGI ICE XA Supercomputer
- Video: Lustre Based Enterprise Storage – Tuning Clients for Optimal Performance
- Microsoft Update on RDMA
- Is Europe Leading the Energy Efficiency Race?
- Petroleum Geo-Services to Acquire 5 Petaflop Cray XC40