Today the Jülich Supercomputing Centre announced that Dr. Bernd Mohr has been elected General Chair of the SC17 Supercomputing Conference. This is the first time that somebody outside the USA will chair the most important conference for high performance computing, which has been running for the last 26 years.
In this podcast, Rich, Dan, and Henry review the year in HPC. It was a wild ride, and here we highlight some of our best shows from the past twelve months and the technology milestones that made 2014 a banner year in high performance computing. And did I mention we have a few laughs along the way?
In this video from SC14, Torben Kling-Petersen from Seagate describes an upcoming deployment of a 55 Petabyte Lustre file system in Hamburg, Germany. The ClusterStor deployment will be the most energy-efficient file system of its kind in the world upon installation.
In this episode of This Week in HPC, Michael Feldman and Addison Snell from Intersect360 Research wrap up the ISC’14 conference with a look at the trends, topics, winners, and losers. [Read More…]
In this Sponsored Post from CoolIT we explore the many benefits liquid cooling offers to HPC and data center operators. For starters liquid cooling is about 3,500 times better at storing and transferring heat than air. Direct contact liquid cooling (DCLC) uses the exceptional thermal conductivity of liquid to provide dense, concentrated cooling to targeted areas. The many benefits of liquid cooling may surprise you. [Read More…]
- Video: William Edsall of Dow on Why HPC Matters
- Call for Workshop Submissions: ISC High Performance 2015
- How HPC Cluster Manager Integrates Allinea Performance Reports
- Indian Research Labs Speed Code Development with Allinea
- Interview: Advancing Computational Chemistry with NWChem
- Tesla K80 GPU Sets New Records on STAC-A2 Financial Benchmark
- Managing Cluster Complexity
- Austrians Monitor Flood Waters with Visual Analysis System
- How Nirvana Software Provides Sophisticated Metadata Management
- KAUST to Acquire Cray XC40
- Bright Computing Powers Aircraft Design at University of Stuttgart
- A New Open Ethernet Switch Abstraction Interface from Mellanox
- How Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Tops the Agenda