If you open the back of today’s HPC cluster you will see lots of cables. There are any number of cables including those for power, Ethernet, InfiniBand , Fibre Channel, KVM, and others. The current situation creates the need for complex configuration and administration.
In this video from SC14, Torben Kling-Petersen from Seagate describes an upcoming deployment of a 55 Petabyte Lustre file system in Hamburg, Germany. The ClusterStor deployment will be the most energy-efficient file system of its kind in the world upon installation.
“By presenting a single global namespace across any storage device, anywhere in the world, Nirvana allows data to be easily and securely shared among globally distributed teams. Nirvana also automatically moves data to various workflow resources, based on policies so data is always available at the right place, at the right time, and at the right cost ― while keeping an audit trail as data is ingested, transformed, accessed, and archived through its complete lifecycle.”
In this special guest feature, Michael Feldman and Chris Willard from Intersect360 Research look at the newly launched OpenPOWER Consortium from IBM. [Read More…]
In this slidecast, Jason Stowe from Cycle Computing describes his insights on the future of science in a world with accessible supercomputing. One technology trend that will shape innovation in the healthcare and life sciences arena this century is increased access to computing to analyze data, simulate, and do science in silico via the cloud. When scientists and researchers are no longer limited by fixed-size compute and data capacity, we get better, faster science. [Read More…]
- Tesla K80 GPU Sets New Records on STAC-A2 Financial Benchmark
- Austrians Monitor Flood Waters with Visual Analysis System
- KAUST to Acquire Cray XC40
- Bright Computing Powers Aircraft Design at University of Stuttgart
- A New Open Ethernet Switch Abstraction Interface from Mellanox
- How Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Tops the Agenda
- Video: Seagate Steps up to HPC
- Video: Convergence of Extreme Computing and Big Data
- Earthquake Prediction Using the Blue Waters Supercomputer
- A Livermore Perspective on Next-Generation Computing
- Job of the Week: HPC IO Engineer at Intel
- Video: Red Hat Tunes Up at SC14
- Time to Retire the Turing Test?